Saturday 13 December 2008

Splat !!!!

Oh dear, what a kerffuffle.
I'd seen some bright green birds and thought they were greenfinches. Then I saw another similar bird, so was quietly opening the window, so I could get a better picture when I was startled with loud SPLAT.



The bird that I had been trying to take a photograph's mate had flown into the window.
She was lying on the floor for a bit twitching. I was shouting at her to get up but she didn't. She just lay there.

http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m320/justacey/OldAlbums/garden/?action=view&current=MVI_9573.flv


I ran round to where she was and she was still lying on his back, so, using a twig, I put her the right way up. She was breathing heavily, didn't seem to have any bits in the wrong place, but didn't move, so I got some tissue paper and put her onto a rock. I expect she was dazed.

She still didn't want to fly away and I didn't want next door's cat to get her.

http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m320/justacey/OldAlbums/garden/?action=view&current=MVI_9578.flv

I found a box and gently lifted her into it. It didn't have tall sides, I figured that she would fly off when she's good and ready, but she shuffled into the corner.

Her breathing was still fast and heavy

http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m320/justacey/OldAlbums/garden/?action=view&current=MVI_9581.flv

She was on her feet by now, but not really moving about. Using a twig, I gently turned her away from the corner so she could see she was still outside.


And she got fed up of being poked so flew off. Phew, panic over.

I saw 3 siskins later on so I'm assuming she's fine now.

1 comment:

swatson said...

awful seeing it on its back Joo but well done getting her back on her feet.great pics as usual.I never see siskins in my garden
Sheila